Sunday, January 23, 2011

FANS

This morning I posted the following on Facebook: “I wish people were as excited to win their neighbors and coworkers for Christ as they are about this game. The results today are unpredictable but we know Who wins in the end.” Which brought forth some great comments.  I love the conversations that a random post can create using Social Networking.
Living and working on the border of Wisconsin and Illinois, I see a great number of devoted fans for both the Packers and the Bears.  The tension of today’s playoff game has been building for a couple of weeks now as the line-up began to take shape.  It is quite a rivalry between the fans of these two teams.  Although, I have never seen as many fully-devoted fans as Packer fans.  Coming is all ages, shapes and sizes, I have observed eighty-year-old women grocery shopping in green and gold jerseys.  Fans… passionate and loyal… rarely meek about ‘their’ team.
I can’t help but think about how the followers of Christ could change the world if, even 4 months out of the year, we would passionately talk about ‘our’ Jesus and His transformational love as if He were our FAVORITE.  If we could just set aside our inhibitions to boldly talk about how our lives have changed by knowing Him with people who have yet to meet or commit to following Him.  
Just sayin’...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where to purchase one, but we need Jesus shirts. Something to proclaim He is our Savior and maybe even invite questions. That would be awesome. The Bread Store should sell some!

Aside from that...GO PACK!!! I used to live in CA for 20 years and the Lakers won more times than I can count. It is very exciting to have a home town team in the running!